Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Statement from Fred Thompson

"Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people."

IMHO, with this statement the Conservative voice of the Republican Party has died. With Tancredo, Hunter and now Thompson out of the race, the Republican Party, by allowing Independents and Democrats to select their candidate in "Open Primaries" has managed to silence the Conservatives. All that is left for me now is to withhold my vote. I refuse to vote for another RINO or for a Democrat. I don’t need a candidate who is two degrees above pond scum telling me to vote for him because his opponent is one degree above pond scum. I'm tired of voting against someone rather than for someone.

For years the Republican Party has put up mediocre candidates and then counted on the Conservatives to get them elected by saying "vote for me otherwise the other side will win and it will be worse." Then they turn around and screw us by acting the same as the other side they "warned" us about, until the next election cycle. The Republican Party treats the Conservatives like the Democrats treat the Blacks. I am not going to play that game anymore. I'm taking my vote and money and going home.

For the first time since the late 60's, I'll be able to live in ignorant political bliss like 2/3 of this country does. I'll have time to catch up on my reading.

No comments: