Sunday, February 10, 2008

I Can't Take It Anymore


This election cycle is just awful. We know that. We did our best to work for Fred Thompson and he dropped out. Then we thought maybe the lesser of so many evils would be for Romney, we just might have been able to hold our nose and vote for him. He dropped out.

What we are left with is a candidate that can't win, Ron Paul, and four that if they do win will in some form or fashion allow amnesty to illegal aliens.

And that's just the beginning. The pool of folks left are all left! Sam keeps reading the news but to tell you the truth I just can't anymore. I know the situation we are in and all the hollering and debating about it won't change anything.

I give up. I can't take it anymore. The next four years I will concentrate on what I can do for me and mine. The country has been going downhill for sometime now and there is no turning back in my opinion. There aren't enough of us left.

I hate television and now my alternative to tv the last 8 years, FR, has gone strange on me. Even that place has been infiltrated by so called "moderate" conservatives.

Spring and summer will be easy, I spend most of my time outdoors. When it gets cold I'll have to stock up on books to read. I just don't want to hear about politics any longer. I can think of nothing good that will come out of this election.

Short of a brokered GOP convention all hope for this election has been lost.

Hopefully I'll find something more interesting to post here. Meanwhile, don't forget our other blog about life here in SC on a personal level.

http://samandsnippy.blogspot.com/

No comments: